At Christies, we have a multiple pathways for you to learn how to be a competitive lifesaver.
There are many different competition disciplines on offer including
- Beach events – including individual and relay running on a straight sand course and our iconic flag event.
- Surf craft events – using our specialised racing boards and skis
- Surf swimming – including individual and team swim races
- Pool rescue – performing standardised rescues in pool environment
- Wade – a shallow water run for our juniors
- Iron Man and Women – competitors compete of three legs – swim, ski and board
- Taplin relay – a team version of an iron person
- Cameron relay – a modified iron person event for juniors consisting of a run, swim, board
- Lifesaver relay - conducted over a course consisting of a surf boat, a surf ski, a surf board, a swim and a beach sprint, with nine team members
- March past – one of the organisations original events
- Belt races – a swim race using the Reel and Belt
- Tube rescue - a swim race using a rescue tube
- IRB racing – our inflatable rescue boats crews demonstrate the techniques to perform rescues.
- First Aid and Lifesaving – Our patrolling members demonstrate their lifesaving skills
- R&R – Rescue and resuscitation techniques are displayed using the Reel Line and Belt.
- Board Riding - Board riding is competitive surfing. Long and short board are used
- Surf Boat - A boat crew consists of five competitors, four rowers and a sweep who controls the boat by use of a sweep oar and commands to the rowers.
To find our more about our competition opportunities contact firstname.lastname@example.org